Aggressive tank

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
Ok I've narrowed down my suggestions. I think I'm gonna get a 180gal with a pair of Midas/Red Devils (I think they're all crosses over here in Australia, no pure strains of either species) and maybe some Festae or a jag with 2-3 bn s or any other good cleaner plecos. I really like the barred Midas or the different colours that they can get and was wondering if it wasn't too hard to selectively breed the common reds oranges and whites to get some black and blue into them? If this is possible please let me know. While writing this I was starting think because it's quite hard to get pure Midas or devils, wouldn't there be lots of Festae x Mayans? Cheers Tom

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
Ok I now have two suggestions for the 180. 1. A pair of jags and a single Midas (or vice versa) a pleco and a little cat. 2. A single male dovii (maybe a pair but not for life) and maybe a pleco if it won't die. Let me know what you guys think!

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
I'd watch out for a pleco or cat that's too small. If a fish thinks they may be small enough to eat, you'll end up with 2 dead fish.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Common plecos won't get eaten, but may be killed in an aggressive tank. It's just not worth the work to have a cleaner fish, unless you really want a bottom feeding fish because you like how it looks.

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
i'd go festae pair if it were me...

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
Yeah I like festae but not their growth rate ☹ I'm thinking either a pair of Midas and/or a pair of jags. Something along those lines.... Maybe a jag and a pair of festae? Something aggressive and big, I plan on feeding it feeders every few weeks (I will breed them) so I kind of want something aggressive predatory with a big mouth! That's why I'm bring up jags and dovii.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
"aggressive"..."predatory".... "a pair"... You need a bigger tank man. It's not as easy as you think. And you'll need more than one tank, too. A pair of Jags in a 180 start spawning, they're gonna kill whatever's in the tank with em...and maybe each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store