Albino stingray, HOW RARE?

triggerfreak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
columbus, mi
how rare are all white albino stingrays.Just watched a video of a guy in the Netherlands on you tube with a 50,000 gallon tank and he had a awesome all white ray and it was a good size.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
5 digits rare. Although I seen some for sale on a stingray forum on facebook for $400. Scam.......

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Definitely not 5 digits anymore and they are popping up all over facebook. You just need to browse around the facebook pages. Currently an albino pearl female here so just goes to show they aren't as rare as people would like to think. It's just the rarity value that makes an albino stingray desirable, just like snow leopards and boesemani. I think owning one is one of those status/small man syndrome things as they aren't nice to look IMO. Not that I wanted too but I guess I screwed myself from owning one now! LOL Doesn't matter as I don't fit the profile! In a few years albino,xingu and boesemani will be more common and something else will be the rarity.
Black/white contrast and hybrids are still the leaders and some of those fetch way more money then the cost of an albino!

One thing I noticed with albino fish is once they get an injury it shows all the time. The damage doesn't fill in and disappear like it does in a colored fish. Not to mention they look dirty after a period of time.

Albino fish look real nice when young but age doesn't do them any good with keeping their clean appearance.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Definitely not 5 digits anymore and they are popping up all over facebook. You just need to browse around the facebook pages. Currently an albino pearl female here so just goes to show they aren't as rare as people would like to think. It's just the rarity value that makes an albino stingray desirable, just like snow leopards and boesemani. I think owning one is one of those status/small man syndrome things as they aren't nice to look IMO. Not that I wanted too but I guess I won't be owning one now! LOL Don't fit the profile! In a few years albino,xingu and boesemani will be more common and something else will be the rarity.
Black/white contrast and hybrids are still the leaders and some of those fetch way more money then the cost of an albino!

One thing I noticed with albino fish is once they get an injury it shows all the time. The damage doesn't fill in and disappear like it does in a colored fish. Not to mention they look dirty after a period of time.
SO you are saying you know where there are albino pearls for under 10k in north america? please send me a link vincentwugwg vincentwugwg care to chime in?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
LOL, albino's aren't posted with links stating prices. You want to know their prices you need to contact the sellers directly and then you aren't allowed to share their prices with anyone else. You will have to do your own leg work. I am pretty sure you follow the fellow on instagram that owns the pearl ablino here so you can ask him what he paid! If not disregard and go back to the leg work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store