alligator gar peacock bass and two oscars story in a 200 gallon pond and feeding

MrPythonSS12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2024
I have an 1 gator gar 2 two oscar albino copper 1 peacock bass kelberi before 1 paroon shark just ended up I saw the fins where already damaged when I first got it in the fish store it just died quickly after a few days (maybe the oscar attack my paroon:)/ and I have heard from experts moss water is healthy for this fish that have in my pond thats why my water is turning into moss cause of the sunlight and I clean it after 3 to 4 weeks and on feeding time there well doing in feeding time no signs of aggression and other I feed them some worms and pellets only and I feed them in the morning with some worms and in the evening I feed them pellets only in the evening per each day and two days break after sometimes they just leave the worm in the surface in the pond so I feed them in the afternoon.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard
That's probably algae growing from the nitrates produced from waste from the fish. Do you do water changes?
Have you tested your water parameters?
The gator gar may get aggressive as it grows.

MrPythonSS12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2024
My two oscar copper/albino is around 8 to 9 inches and my kelberi pbass is around 6 to 7 inches and my gator gar is around 11 to 12 inches.

Reactions: tlindsey

MrPythonSS12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2024
I am wondering to keep an predatory fish on december when I buy an good filter for my pond when I gave those cichla, oscars, gar, but I dont know yet on december if I can give them

I am hoping to keep an…

1. alligator gar
2. channa mary/emperor snakehead
3. silver arowana
4. tiger shovelnose
5. peacock bass monoc…

Done.

but is it possible to keep them in compatibility?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I am wondering to keep an predatory fish on december when I buy an good filter for my pond when I gave those cichla, oscars, gar, but I dont know yet on december if I can give them

I am hoping to keep an…

1. alligator gar
2. channa mary/emperor snakehead
3. silver arowana
4. tiger shovelnose
5. peacock bass monoc…

Done.

but is it possible to keep them in compatibility?
For a short answer no, Too little space and territorial nature.

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store