Alligator Gar won't eat

suneth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2024
hi everyone,
I have a problem with my alligator gar and in seeking help, I bought 4 alligator gars about month and half ago and one of them have stopped eating other 3 are eating just fine they are all about 10 inches in size and one that has stopped eating is now swimming near the surface I even tried moving it in to a separate tank and giving some live feed but nothing and I also tried giving him a deworming treatment again no change.
(my tank is 1400L )
plz help

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
hi everyone,
I have a problem with my alligator gar and in seeking help, I bought 4 alligator gars about month and half ago and one of them have stopped eating other 3 are eating just fine they are all about 10 inches in size and one that has stopped eating is now swimming near the surface I even tried moving it in to a separate tank and giving some live feed but nothing and I also tried giving him a deworming treatment again no change.
(my tank is 1400L )
plz help
Welcome aboard
How long has it been since the alligator gar stopped eating?
Does the alligator gar look less healthy than the others?

Reactions: surfermike915

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
Did you treat with Prazi pro or any other medications? If not I’d recommend doing so if Prazi is available in your area. Also I would raise the temperature which would raise his metabolism which will increase his appetite if he has one. Switch foods up too. It’s always the most random fish that give us issues. Good luck!

Reactions: tlindsey

suneth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2024
i treated with prazi and I'm keeping the tank at about 30c temperature

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store