Alligator Gar

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
They are skittish so they slam into tank walls.

Someone on here has a huge one in his tank. Cool thread awesome read but i dont know where it is lol. someone might
Yea but if this guy is getting a 750 gallon tank thats not a big problem

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Yea but if this guy is getting a 750 gallon tank thats not a big problem

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
He actually said its 8x5x3 900. A three foot fish in a 5 foot width is taking up 60 percent of that width. It would take the most minute movement of such a powerful fish to bust the **** out of any glass tank.

So no its always a problem with the strength of these fish

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
^^^^^^Wow. That guy is a beast.

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
The Cabella's near here has a 5'+ specimen in a giant river biotope. She has been there for a few years along with a few others. She originally was caught in the trinity river near Ft Worth, Tx.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
The Cabella's near here has a 5'+ specimen in a giant river biotope. She has been there for a few years along with a few others. She originally was caught in the trinity river near Ft Worth, Tx.
if you are talking about the Cabela's on I35W then they have 3 and they are maybe about 5'10'', they were wild caught 7 years ago in Trinity river but if I remember correctly they were already over 5.5' and was caught somewhere near Houston.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
personally if you wanted a "wet pet" i would pick an RTC or one of the other big cats for a pet before a gator or an ATF. If you want soemthing cool with alot of teeth then i'de go withe either of the before mentioned... gator gar have a rep for being aggressive, likely because from inadequete feeding. they are piscivors... so its only natural to start ripping up tank-mates if hungry. I have done nowhere near the research on ATF's as these other guys to even hazard long-term care ect so I won't even go there.

Most the big cats can be hand-fed and become quite interactive with their owners. There are a few other giants in the trade that imo more aptle describe a "wet pet" then the original 2 mentioned.. some of my gar are only 24"... but no way would I put a hand near their mouthes. Not my idea of fun.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store