alligator snapping turtle diet?

ruckaisawesome

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
louisville
I been feeding my gator snapper minnows for the past year, but now I have changed it to a shrimp (frozen ones from walmart) every day. Does this seem like an ok diet?am I overfeeding it?

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Send a picture of it out of the water. I'm not sure how much they eat, but I could tell you if it is overweight.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I would try a varied diet. Shrimp, crayfish, tilapia, and whole panfish are all great options. As long as he is eating that all you need to worry about is obesity. Feeding frequently isn't an issue if a healthy weight is maintained.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
aquatic or semi-aquatic fish, amphibians, crayfish, crabs, clams, snails, earthworms, insects, small mammals,

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Like crayfishguy said, the more varied the better. Bream, crappie, mullet, bass, and large crayfish make up most of their natural diet but they will pretty much take anything. I use one as a garbage disposal for the rest of my animals. If my water monitor only ate half of his turkey, or a snake refused to eat its rat, I give it to Bowser. I also supplement these with the fish I mentioned above.

semi-aquatic fish
:confused:

Dangerman

Feeder Fish
Oct 13, 2015
I been feeding my gator snapper minnows for the past year, but now I have changed it to a shrimp (frozen ones from walmart) every day. Does this seem like an ok diet?am I overfeeding it?
possibly the best thing that you could do is put a bunch of minnows (live ones) into the water, and it will eat what ever it needs, if it ate too much, the food will come back up anyways.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store