Amazing Coloration on My Oscar !

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Nice oscar and I agree if the guy says its not stressed, he knows his own fish better than the rest ofyou lol. Very nice looking oscar.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
That fish looks great. If it were stressed fins would be clamped and or nipped or torn. That thing looks perfect!

brockfishhawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
Kalama, Wa
I have seen "wild caught" oscars for sale on aquascapeonline and they have that same black and white color pattern. It must of just been offspring from O's that had less of the fire red coloration gene.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
I have seen "wild caught" oscars for sale on aquascapeonline and they have that same black and white color pattern. It must of just been offspring from O's that had less of the fire red coloration gene.
Yeah, it looks like one of the wild ones from there. Only I haven't seen any of them with orange on them like that. Maybe it's a cross of one of the wild ones and your average tiger O?

Also, agreeing with the people who say that that fish doesn't look stressed. Looks perfectly healthy/happy to me.

jantilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Looks great. If he was stressed he would be on the bottom on his side. At least this is what mine do during water changes.

Make sure he get's vitamins. I feed mine pellets, krill and shrimp but it turns out they lack in vitamins. I found this out because mine developed HITH and the water is pristine. I have my two O's in a 210 by themselves.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Hey bro ive had several oscars and never seen one look like that when it was stressed, but i could be wrong. Check out jeff rapps bumble bee oscars.... Urs could be one, or simular,maybe crossed another but def looks like it has simular..there are several types of oscars out there, some rare, some not so rare

These are not my pis from the web
uploadfromtaptalk1333297752978.jpguploadfromtaptalk1333297786686.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store