1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

Discussion in 'Angel Fish & Discus' started by jpjn, Aug 12, 2007.

1. jpjn

jpjn
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Sep 18, 2009
    How disturbing to walk into Walmart's pet department and see Angelfish being sold in tiny Betta bowls!!!! Apparently this is their "Fish of the Month" sales gimmick, which must be stopped! Angelfish are not like betta's. They do not go up to the surface to breath air. These angelfish will just die. They've no room to even move! Angelfish can double their size in just one week!

And I'm sure Walmart is not informing buyers that the angelfish can not stay living in the betta bowl. That they need a tank with a filter, heater, and room to grow!

Please everyone, take action by contacting Walmart Stores as well as your states Department of Agriculture, thru email or phone.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. jpjn

jpjn
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Sep 18, 2009
    How disturbing to walk into Walmart's pet department and see Angelfish being sold in tiny Betta bowls!!!! Apparently this is their "Fish of the Month" sales gimmick, which must be stopped! Angelfish are not like betta's. They do not go up to the surface to breath air. These angelfish will just die. They've no room to even move! Angelfish can double their size in just one week!

And I'm sure Walmart is not informing buyers that the angelfish can not stay living in the betta bowl. That they need a tank with a filter, heater, and room to grow!

Please everyone, take action by contacting Walmart Stores as well as your states Department of Agriculture, thru email or phone.

3. jpjn

jpjn
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Sep 18, 2009

4. TribalRage

TribalRage
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Nov 4, 2013
    All the Walmarts by me have stopped selling fish, I'm guessing they were made to because all 3 by my house stopped at the same time.

5. jpjn

jpjn
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Sep 18, 2009

THAT is great news! Walmart shouldn't sell fish. They no so little as to what they're doing and most of the time their fish are covered with Ick! It's a sad site but do they care? I wish all Walmarts would stop.

6. rallysman

rallysman
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Clinical Engineer
    Monday at 5:11 PM
    Stop going to walmart. I don't even walk into their stores anymore. Call and complain though. It has worked for me in the past. I actually sent an email to walmart complaining about how terrible the fish were, and the manager called me and told me what they were doing to fix it.

I've decided it's easier to not support them.

7. krzr3000

krzr3000
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Jun 15, 2013
    I'm using the pics from someone on a different forum...but i thought this was absolutely crazy. I'm baffled as to how this came about...i mean they skipped guppies, livebearers, and stuck a fish that actually requires some care in a betta cup. :screwy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Bderick67

Bderick67
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Brian
    electrician
    Feb 5, 2016
    Wow and ya even get some live plant also. I can buy 3 healthy angels at my LFS for that price, don't get the free plant though.

9. Jetvtec11

Jetvtec11
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Oct 13, 2007
    No way, I bet it's faked

10. davo

davo
    Expand Collapse
    MFK Members

Jan 21, 2015