Anubias Tank

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Very nice. I see there are some large/mature A. Barteri in there. I love when Anubias grow big green leafs on mature plants. Have any of them flowered for you yet? It's awesome when they do.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Haven't had them flower yet. They've actually been growing smaller leave for me. I bought them when they were large. I have a small A. Barteri in a dirted tank and it hasn't grown large, just more leaves. I follow Oliver Knott on Instagram and he just posted a large A. Barteri that he said he grew in 1 year and 7 months from a small piece. I'd like to figure how he did that.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I'd like to learn too. I get more leafs on mine but are small. I do occasionally have had a flower - one at a time.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Nice tank, i remember once seeing a stirctly anubias tank online where the whole tank was filled with the stuff...

The owner even used anubias petite as a carpet on the base, while using mid size anubias for mid-ground fillers and larger ones in the the back with driftwood and rocks...

Always wanted to try doing something like that but my anubias tend to get a lot of algae growth...

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
How many species....Nice, I am an anubia fan. Especially mature established specimens. Just wish they had faster growth.

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Fantastic display, count me in as an anubias fan too; I used to have a lot of it similar to you, but recent specimens have been wasting away etc :(

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
How many species....Nice, I am an anubia fan. Especially mature established specimens. Just wish they had faster growth.
I have just 3 varieties in here. Just A. Bateri, A. Nana, and A. Nana "Gold"

Fantastic display, count me in as an anubias fan too; I used to have a lot of it similar to you, but recent specimens have been wasting away etc :(
Are they rotting at the rhizome? I had an outbreak of Anubias Rot on my A. Petites. I lost 4 plants and the others just didn't grow back as nice. If your rhizome turns brown, loosing leaves, and the rhizome is turning to mush, cut it off or it'll affect the whole tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store