Anubias turning yellow :(

bushynose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
nyc
I find that my anubias flourish ithout any fuss, they are in a 90 gallon tank with 110 w lighting 6500k bulb 9 hrs a day. the only time i have seen yellow leaves were when i isloated them in a block out for a week to clean them of algae.

polak_no_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
ok,
so ive gone and bought some fert with iron in it, and all the other trace elements that are required.

I bought a kh test kit, turns out my kh was 8dh and my ph 7.8.
I tested all the taps at home, and turns out the one I been using has a water softener which actually hardens the water lol - must be full of gunk or something. The water coming out that tap is 10dh, and the tap outside is 4dh.

I then did water changes over time, and now the tank is at 3.5dh, ph 7.6.

I also set the lights for 12 hours and made a diy co2 reactor which Im trialing today.
I hope I dont have it on too much :(

Any other ideas/help esp with the co2? Im really not sure if im doing it right.
Its a 230gal tank, so i dont think a 0.4gal co2 will do any damage to my fish right?

I hope to see my anubias getting better soon :(

Also, with the co2, do I leave it on over night?

Thanks

Polak

para566

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2006
USA
I agree with Dogfreak8 I have used both tetra and Flourish. Flourish really has made my plants standout , but follow the directions....over dose and you you have green water...lol...it took me a 2 wks to clear that mess up , although the fish loved it.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
polak_no_1 said:
with the co2, do I leave it on over night?
No, just put it on a timer. Plants do not use CO2 when they do not perform photosynthesis (i.e. when it's dark)

HarleyK

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store