water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
jsshark1;2034949; said:
update :
no reply to my email I sent on July 30, requesting my money back, Ken told me he would return my $ on July 30th if I had no sharks. I just tried again for a reply, I will not call him, I don’t think that will help any thing, pay pal tells me my 45 day passed to do any thing .so they are no help...
Then It's GO time. :FIREdevil

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
krj-1168;1949449; said:
Hmmm ... Moran is the guy's last name. But maybe you mean MORON - like the guy in the photo - who can't even spell Moron correctly. ;)
Really? I never noticed the link between the two. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

jsshark1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
USA

he emailed me back and this is what he had to say

copy and pasted from email :
Jose,

As agreed we are willing to ship some sharks to you. Or if you wait and we can get a pup for you, we will see about that. But as discussed, we are still holding fish for you pending shipping agreement.

Ken ( end)

the shipping agreement ? that is me sending him more money or wait for some other shipment that will cover the $ drive to the airport
and he keeps forgetting that I already sent the shipping with the deposit.

then he sent another email with this :
copy and past from email :

Now if we can see the sharks we are holding for you and get our money back and yours, then, we can look at a refund. However, I cannot take a loss after working for you so that you suffer no loss at all. That is simply not how you do business and not fair at all. ( end)

I ask him to please send my money back by Monday at this point the shark he is talking about with my name on it dose not count after the 30th... i dont expect my moeny back :cry:

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I'd call and tell him he's got 24 hours to put $$ in your hand or a lawyer will be the next step. I'd be willing to testify at a hearing as one of your "expert witnesses".

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Zoodiver;2036207; said:
I'd call and tell him he's got 24 hours to put $$ in your hand or a lawyer will be the next step. I'd be willing to testify at a hearing as one of your "expert witnesses".
Except... He has probably heard this before Matt, and knowing how shady he is, he would probably try to find some loophole to screw these guys over, create a fake contract, or even go as far as being a pompous a** and try to threaten him right back, or say that he can call his lawyer, and blaa blaa. Ultimately doing what? - I mean, could you afford a lawyer jsshark??
I think we have some calls to make, enough of this Bulls***!! This needs immediate action. This guy has worked my last nerve!

What we need is a list of customers who have been screwed by this guy, I know there are a few here. We need them to get all the e-mails they have, a print out of their bank statements showing the transfers and from their paypal accounts showing dates/amounts/and recipients of those funds.
Once we have that, and these people agree to move forward, we need to make some calls and bring some light onto this right now. I know in the Carolina's shark collecting is a lot more lax than other places, and the species list is a lot broader as well, with certain ones not requiring permits at all..... BUT collecting is one thing, SELLING is another, and that falls under an entirely different set of rules and regs. Not to mention - fraud and laundering - especially in the amounts we are talking, are felonies accross the board.
Enough of this compromising and trying to talk things through, I think it's clear by now that this guy has no intention of honoring these transactions, and something needs to be done before more people are jerked around, and more sharks fall into his hands.

jsshark1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
USA
you are right , the point is not to loose any more $ .

good or bad , I will just be happy to get the word out about him for my 750 I don't expect to see again.

I do have all my emails and I did pay with paypal...

ken emailed me again, I told him I would give him till Monday to return my $ and he returns with am I talking about having the shark sent out Monday he keeps talking like he is waiting for me for something. I made it clear last month I would not send any more money and send me any thing for my 750...... we shall see .one thing I know my money is gone ....

second burn on the internet..... this one got me with such a nice web page

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
jsshark1 - I hope that you can eventually get your money back. But from the way things are sounding I wouldn't hold my breath - if I was you.

As for the way to go after this guy - like Emi suggested - Lawyers may not be the answer. A better solution - may be as Emi also suggested - round up the list of the people that he's screwed over and then contact the Better Business Admistration in South Carolina - about his business practices.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
krj-1168;1898824; said:
Well - I can tell that Sharks Unlimited is located in SC. Which would mean a transcontinental shipping - not the best for this type of Shark.

Actually 2,000 gallons isn't nearly large enough tank for a Bonnethead. If you looking for a swimming shark for that size of pond - personally you would be much better off with one of the local Smoothhound species.

I've also talked with Ken Moran. He's said several times that basically wants to make sure the sharks he sells are going to very good home with aquarists that know how to care of these sharks. So I would have guess that chances are he likely wouldn't sell you a Bonnethead unless you had a Pond of at least 2-3 times of what you are currently planning (i.e. 4.000-6,000 gallons minimum)
I see you are from my neck of the woods, ever been to the marine Resources Center at Fort Fisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store