Not open for further replies.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
krj-1168;2038874; said:
Yeah - I've been there. But the last time was a couple of years ago - shortly after the remodel.

Still it's a pretty cool place.
Did they have the triangle shaped tank with the bonnet shark when you were there? Bonnet sharks pup here and you can catch them in the mouth of the river near the center. There is a limit in numbers you can catch but not in size. You see many of them left on the land by people who catch them, it's a waste for sure. They should either eat them or let them go but they think they are saving the world by killing a mean old shark, drives me nuts. I've come close to fighting over people doing this to the baby sharks that pup around here.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
krj-1168;2040926; said:
Nope - I've got to that's apparently something new that they have added since I was there .
They do a pretty good job their with sharks and rays. they have several rays and skates in the tank with the bonnet head. There is even a cow nosed ray in that tank. He is beautiful beyond words in my opinion. I donated on of the first Cow Nosed rays to them when they started up 30 years ago or so. I also helped build and set up many of the displays in the first incarnation of the center. The fiberglass gave me the worst headache imaginable. I worked with the fiberglass over the course of weeks and it took me months to recover. I was almost sad to see all the old stuff go when they renovated it but of course it was much better when they expanded. they even have several shortnosed sturgeon now.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
jsshark1;1898504; said:
HI
I was hoping for info bad or good about

sharksupply.com it has that the founder is Ken Moranm
it also go as sharksunlimited.

I was hoping to get something for my shark pond from him .....:drool:

thanks for reading
I'm not sure but I think this place may be the guy who tried to get me to supply him with sharks pups a few years ago. He claimed he was suppling only to public aquariums but I checked with my contacts in public aquariums and they had never heard of him. I didn't like the idea of catching shark pups for him when he seemed to unconcerned with the death rates I predicted for shipping and hauling. Far too many were already being killed by tourist surf fishing for my taste.

1309mw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
North Carolina
on his website"

NO GAMES! WE GUARANTEE LIVE DELIVERY OR YOU GET ANOTHER SHARK OR YOUR MONEY BACK! Anything less would be highway robbery or straight up fraud. Anyone who cannot guarantee live delivery of the fish they ship does not know the business well enough to be in it.
You just pay the reshipping charges.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
1309mw;2041298; said:
on his website"

NO GAMES! WE GUARANTEE LIVE DELIVERY OR YOU GET ANOTHER SHARK OR YOUR MONEY BACK! Anything less would be highway robbery or straight up fraud. Anyone who cannot guarantee live delivery of the fish they ship does not know the business well enough to be in it.

You just pay the reshipping charges.
Doesn't sound like the same guy I was dealing with or he has had an epiphany about shipping fish. As long as he is legal and the buyer can provide for the shark go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store