Any Old Timers Still Around?

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
No longer a comforting thought.
Yesterday we were checking out 2016 Malibu Wakesetters and Axis boats. Their surf gate system is of special interest to me. Awesome, beautiful boats. The salesman mentioned that you can get 20 year financing. That really put things into perspective for me. I told him that in 20 years I'd be 88 and probably unable to surf :( I was severely tempted to buy a new boat, but can't justify it at my advanced age. I surfed online last night and found that I can retrofit my boat to do what the new boats can do.....at a savings of $100,000+...feeling young again. Hard to justify even retrofitting my boat, since I have an awesome wake to play on. (It's what we have to do to get the big wake that makes me want to retrofit the boat). At my advanced age, sometimes I feel young, sometimes I feel old.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think some people may have lost interest in the forum. But i dont think being old is a bad thing, age gives wisdom and i am pretty sure a lot of the old timers have a bit of money too unlike a young one like me that can't work yet and am just scraping by on allowance for my snake and 3 (smaller) tanks

Reactions: Frank Castle

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
I've been here since the beginning of MFK, even before, I remember it having a different name.
Of course I went through several names over the years as I forgot the password...

Miss the early days when we had fish meets about every week or so.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
No it's always been Mfk. You're thinking of predatoryfish or pfish which became waterwolves.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Define old :(
Old: you have to go to the bathroom before you even finish eating; you might as well just throw the food in the toilet

Yesterday we were checking out 2016 Malibu Wakesetters and Axis boats. Their surf gate system is of special interest to me. Awesome, beautiful boats. The salesman mentioned that you can get 20 year financing. That really put things into perspective for me. I told him that in 20 years I'd be 88 and probably unable to surf :( I was severely tempted to buy a new boat, but can't justify it at my advanced age. I surfed online last night and found that I can retrofit my boat to do what the new boats can do.....at a savings of $100,000+...feeling young again. Hard to justify even retrofitting my boat, since I have an awesome wake to play on. (It's what we have to do to get the big wake that makes me want to retrofit the boat). At my advanced age, sometimes I feel young, sometimes I feel old.
don't forget your lifejacket.

....and your towel. Always bring a towel.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store