Anyone ever order from Riverland Aquatics?

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Hello I was curious if anyone has ever ordered from or worked with http://www.riverlandaquatics.com/

It looks like an exporter out of Brazil and I wasn't sure if they will sell directly to normal consumers or if special licensing etc. is required? Also curious if they are reputable and if they are safe to do business with.

Any advice/feedback and a review etc. whatever is all helpful and appreciated!

Thank You,

Adam

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
TBH, I won't deal with any International vendors especially with live animals buying/shipping. You will easily loss money and got nothing ship or getting DoA and won't get any replacement, and not even count you would have to deal with import permit...etc. LOL dealing with live fish shipment in State/within US already have enough headaches...:rolleyes:

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I dont know anything about if special permits are required or not. However I figure people are ordering them somehow, and some people without a storefront seem to be able to do it. I figure if anyone has any experience and has worked with them perhaps I can bypass the middleman and deal directly with the supplier and save some $. However if someone has a horror story that might steer me away :)

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I can't seem to find much in terms of reviews which is kinda mystifying.

On a side note what are you wanting to order?

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I can't seem to find much in terms of reviews which is kinda mystifying.

On a side note what are you wanting to order?
Yeah I couldn't find much either... I was looking at the list of ray's they have available. It looks like you have to spend $950 to even place an order there and unfortunately no prices listed probably doesn't help much. "Thekid" where abouts do you live? With the kickass avatar and the land of corn listed in your location I can't help but think relatively close ha.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Yeah I couldn't find much either... I was looking at the list of ray's they have available. It looks like you have to spend $950 to even place an order there and unfortunately no prices listed probably doesn't help much. "Thekid" where abouts do you live? With the kickass avatar and the land of corn listed in your location I can't help but think relatively close ha.
I'm in Cedar Rapids. I'm surprised that you like the avatar being so close to Ames.;)

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ha yeah, I actually moved here about 2 years ago from Iowa City. My parents still live in Iowa City too, so I'm there quite frequently.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Ha yeah, I actually moved here about 2 years ago from Iowa City. My parents still live in Iowa City too, so I'm there quite frequently.
I'm down in Iowa city quite often for the better lfs's and swimming meets at the university pool.

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I haven't dealt with this particular supplier before. Their list seems pretty standard though for suppliers based out of peru. Hard to say more without prices.

As far as their minimum order you will generally have to order a lot to be able to meet the minimum before shipping and shipping will generally be multiple times the cost of the merchandise within the boxes depending on what is ordered.

I've found most suppliers to credit you for any losses on arrival though policies will vary from company to company. You will still have to cover shipping expenses though which can really add up if it's a particularly rough shipment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store