Anyone Going to the Aquarium Expo?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! There is an Aquarium Expo in Houston on December 9th and 10th. Will anyone in the area (or out of the area, lol) be attending this? I would love to meet some fellow aquarists in person. I will probably go on the 10th unless otherwise noted.

Reactions: tlindsey

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I said I would report on here how the expo went,

The expo overall was good. Even though the stock was low on the second day (which is the day I went; I'm assuming the first day had more stock available), there were many large and rare oddballs like platinum bichirs, 12 in+ Royal Clown Knifes, Almost adult Royal Plecos, many discus and angels, many large cichlids (especially flower horns) and more. Pretty much everything was at "steal" prices. For example, beautiful large pieces of driftwood for less than 75 (and many sellers were willing to bargain to get rid of their stuff). The expo was small, but all the major retailers in our area were there. A third was saltwater, a third was freshwater, and the other third was driftwood/decor/plants/art etc. There was even a small section of freshwater reptiles (turtles specifically), and because of this, I've been seriously thinking about doing a turtle lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store