Anyone order from them?

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
I am wondering has anyone ordered live plants from LiveAquaria.com and how are they? Do they come healthy without burn spots or anything like that? I want to order a couple plants but I am not going to waste the money on plants that aren't worth it.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I would avoid Liveaquaria myself, but I have had great experience with Drs. F&S. There is a sticky in the plant section with many good live plant companies.

born2lovefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Indianapolis
I will say that I have not heard too much good about their live selections. I will say that I have ordered aquarium products for over 10 years from them with no problem. The Eheim wet/dry is 11 years old and still has all original parts! Running like a charm too!

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
I have purchased several nice plants on this forum, and others. Alot better prices too. Sometimes you just pay shipping. Of course if you looking for something unique it will take some patience.

Oscarfry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2007
USA
LIVE AQUARIA IS DRS, FOSTER AND SMITH!! lol... Thats what they call their live fish and plant deparment! They keep it separate from the dry goods because the shipping is different. Geeeeez

I guess I am biased to aquabotanic.com because he's in the same town as I am, but I have been buying plants from him since he started in California nine years ago.

He has a whole big selection of low light and low tech plants listed, and shipping is free if you want to take your chances with priority mail or you can pay for UPS 2 day and have them guaranteed. I have a couple large tanks with big cichlids. I got Anubias growing on wood, Java fern, lace fern, moss, all already growing on wood from aquabotanic. The fish leave the plants alone and they grow like crazy without me spending big bucks on lights or fertilizer. Check it out. Tell him Oscar sent you.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
They are the same company, however, liveaquaria does not always label their live stock very accurately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store