aquaclear vs fluval c series vs marineland... advice needed

plecostic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
USA
The only thing I don't like about the AquaClear is the extension tube, when you add the second one, larger items get stuck because they hit the bottom of the top one so it just stays there instead of getting sucked up. I suppose I could cut the tip off maybe.

I would really like to see HOB filters become the new canister filter, without all the mess and hoses. Add some spray bars, powerheads, outlet interfaces commonly found in canisters. They could really turn HOB"s into something magical. I can see myself getting two AC's and get rid of the canister. You would think by now the fish keeping product line would be nothing short of phenomenal, it still has a long way to go. The innovation just isn't there, people know what it takes to maintain fish aquariums, the product line should reflect this. But then, as many have noted, the ones selling these are not necessarily fish keepers and if they are, they are probably not interested in making things better. By now we should have the top of the line heaters, filters, maintenance tools, water testers, etc.

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
My only problem with my ac110s is that it's just got the single basket/tray that holds both mechanical and bio. I wish I didn't have to take out my bio to clean my mech.

Other than that, great units. Tons of media space, reliable, and good flow.

Not to mention you can get them for just a bit over $50. A couple of these does better than any $100 canister.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store