aquaman quality marble in the usa!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Thanks Morgan. She's nice, but to me the truly special Marbles are the "unique" ones.

I think that's what sets Richards apart from the rest of the worlds. They're one offs. You see a pic of his and could easily pick it out of hundreds of pics of nice Marbles. They look like nothing else so much that people could easily mistake them for hybrids. Just my opinion.

BUT in our defense, we aren't generations deep like he is. This is why I can't wait to see what Diggin produces in the future once he gets a few generations deep. I know I will do my best to contribute to building his gene pool, and with people like ED also helping I think it will be just a matter of time and a few generations before we start seeing some of the crazy one off hybrid looking Marbles.

This is what makes the hobby great. People from across the country doing their best to help each other, repaying favors, building together.

digginrays

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
lake norman
well said Al
do you remember me sending you a whole breeding group of special marbles?? time to pay up :)..oh and the breeding falkneri's too..and jack..lol..the list goes on and on..
your male you sent me a pic of with these females is a great start to get generations deep like Richard.he is of course the gold standard in my opinion in marbles. another tease from Ed...25415.jpeg

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Unfortunately only one of those Marbles is still with me - that little male. Loosing the nice female hurt bad. Still makes me sick.

I passed the stud male on after I got Larry. He has since produced several litters of pups for Scott (Tanglovers)

I've come to the conclusion the big Marbles do very poorly in my hard water. The midgets don't seem to mind it as much.

I know it's time to pay up, I'm working on it. Hope you're open to the idea of hybrids! I've got a male Falk latching onto blackie ladies, but the more I watch this lil Henleo x Pearl the more I think we need a few more batches of them....... :)

Looks like I need to take some pics tonight...... lol

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Tell that male Falk he is supposed to be making me a pure female.......

Toohard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Where ever
Couldnt agree more DB junkie DB junkie Richard's marbles would stand out amongst a packed pond full of them. Just so eye catching! That is one of the many things that made me cuckoo for these marbles. Just so unique. In my eyes those marbles are nicer than any black ray. But thats just me.

I guess I need to pay my dues a bit more to aquire these stunners. EIther that or get in the car for a long drive to come pick some up since it didnt work out the first time :( STINGRAYED STINGRAYED

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I still have my theories about water drastically changing the patterns...... Maybe I'll get some confirmation on this soon. I've watched many gorgeous rays turn to washed out darkened sad examples of Marbles in my liquid rock water. Hoping to get "ideAL" (LOL) water changing systems installed on all my systems over the winter. Hopefully that will be the game changer..... I have the food, have the genes, filtration is well within check, just need to get the water up to snuff.

Reactions: Woefulrelic

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I still have my theories about water drastically changing the patterns...... Maybe I'll get some confirmation on this soon. I've watched many gorgeous rays turn to washed out darkened sad examples of Marbles in my liquid rock water. Hoping to get "ideAL" (LOL) water changing systems installed on all my systems over the winter. Hopefully that will be the game changer..... I have the food, have the genes, filtration is well within check, just need to get the water up to snuff.
Hope this is the solution to your difficulties, the ray trade would gain a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store