Arapaima

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Just curious, how old are you, op? No offense, but very few people in the world are capable of owning an arapaima. Do you have plans for building this 8k gallon pond?

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
I will address this as well. At two years old, you can have a 5-6 foot fish. My last one was that size, that fast. Stunting growth won't work. First, you're slowly killing the fish by giving is health issues on purpose. Second, they will just break out of the tank. I've seen young smash through 1" acrylic, and most of us have seen what they do to glass tanks.

Even a 220 is a tight start for young. I'd say you have a few months to get you pond up and running if the fish lives that long.
agree it will only stunt him and he will most likely bust the tank before tht. Also your most likely gonna be finding youself buying 100$ worth of food per month if not more. Now I don't own one but I know the size and I also know that even aquariums were thousands go to view arapaimas don't even have enough room for them. look at adventure aqauriums in nj and you will see what I mean.

lookingforarapaima

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
does anyone know where to buy one? i am not interested in needless chit chat im a serious business person its just yes or no

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store