Arowana jumped out

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
okay, So I checked on him with the tank lights on, He is a bit more active, going to buy some meds for him just in case. His fins are weird. I don't know how to say this, but it appears where his fins were dried out, the fin rays are very weak.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like a little fin dammage which is normal in these situations.Keep the water clean and they should heal without getting infected.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Be prepared it'll look worse before it looks better.

Some aquarium salt one tablespoon per 10 gallons will help ease resperation and stimulate slime coat. Do not use any oil based meds on the fish that can make breathing more difficult. Increase airation add salt and keep the fish calm. This will give it the best chance for recovery. Meds can be stressful and unless you see signs of fungus or infection it is best to avoid them. Keep the water very clean.

If your looking to get somthing to have on hand get methylene blue, kanamycin and furan 2. Again do not use medications unless absolutely necessary.

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Be prepared it'll look worse before it looks better.

Some aquarium salt one tablespoon per 10 gallons will help ease resperation and stimulate slime coat. Do not use any oil based meds on the fish that can make breathing more difficult. Increase airation add salt and keep the fish calm. This will give it the best chance for recovery. Meds can be stressful and unless you see signs of fungus or infection it is best to avoid them. Keep the water very clean.

If your looking to get somthing to have on hand get methylene blue, kanamycin and furan 2. Again do not use medications unless absolutely necessary.
Alrighty, I'll get some aquarium salt.

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Okay, so i got some aquarium salt, and some stress coat. I have 2 large air-pumps and 3 larger filters. I am hoping that that
Be prepared it'll look worse before it looks better
Is true. He is acting okay, and on his flank have a huge amount of peeling off slime, And the fins look like crap. But He is quite calm. He has a good chance of pulling through since this is his second time jumping. He should get show signs of getting healthy by mourning time. My lighting has a option for blue moon lights, but i decided to just keep the tank pitch black at night. His barbels are some how both even but are shorter and have been damaged.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
His barbels will ggrow back fine just leave them be and give it time , as long as its not broken off at the base it'll grow back . my latest jardini snapped one of his barbels very close to the base and its grown back fine now , I really hope yours heals up by the sound of it he's pulling through OK just give it time
Ps get some weight on your tank good and cover those gaps ;)

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
His barbels will ggrow back fine just leave them be and give it time , as long as its not broken off at the base it'll grow back . my latest jardini snapped one of his barbels very close to the base and its grown back fine now , I really hope yours heals up by the sound of it he's pulling through OK just give it time
Ps get some weight on your tank good and cover those gaps ;)
I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I was putting in some more aquarium salt as I didn't do a full dose the yester day, and my arowana eyeballed it as if it was food. His fins are getting strange, like the tail, dorsal, and I believe the anal fin are self trimming. The whole fin edges have fallen off and I'm wondering if they'll grow back.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sounds like your jar is very stressed from the incident , have you checked your water p's are all in check with a testing kit ? Bad water at this stage won't help at all.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I was putting in some more aquarium salt as I didn't do a full dose the yester day, and my arowana eyeballed it as if it was food. His fins are getting strange, like the tail, dorsal, and I believe the anal fin are self trimming. The whole fin edges have fallen off and I'm wondering if they'll grow back.
Since it was out of water, the fin and tail got dried and rot. Although they fell off, they'll grow back. Keep your water clean, add salt, and water condition (stress coat or aquarium product that contain aloe vera) to help with body slime loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store