arowana sick???

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
I bought a hbrtg yesterday. He seems to be swimming 20 degrees head down. Occasionally he will swim normally. He seems to be fine because he ate shrimp today. He also chases my bichir around.
Is this swimbladder disease?

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
is it always swimming like that or just sometimes
decrease water level and increase aeration and temperature (30-31 deg C) , fast your aro for couple days ... observe daily
should be ok in couple days

Reactions: dudefish82

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
is it always swimming like that or just sometimes
decrease water level and increase aeration and temperature (30-31 deg C) , fast your aro for couple days ... observe daily
should be ok in couple days
Thanks bro I did the same thing a couple of days ago now he is fine no slanting anymore. I think decreasing the water level helped alot, Also epsom salt did the trick. I guess he swallowed to much air during the transport;)

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
Thanks bro I did the same thing a couple of days ago now he is fine no slanting anymore. I think decreasing the water level helped alot, Also epsom salt did the trick. I guess he swallowed to much air during the transport;)
oh yeah epsom salt indeed help a lot ... ;)

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I honestly don't think there's a problem with him. I've seen many aros swim with a little angle when introduced to a new tank with more height. Seems like your tank is a decent size so I'm sure its much larger than the holding tank he was in when you bought him. Your aro will adjust to the new tank within a week. If hes eating and chasing around your bicher hes healthy and you shouldn't worry. Hes just adjusting to the new height of the tank imo. Same thing happened when I put my aro into a 240 gallon from a 55 gallon.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
I honestly don't think there's a problem with him. I've seen many aros swim with a little angle when introduced to a new tank with more height. Seems like your tank is a decent size so I'm sure its much larger than the holding tank he was in when you bought him. Your aro will adjust to the new tank within a week. If hes eating and chasing around your bicher hes healthy and you shouldn't worry. Hes just adjusting to the new height of the tank imo. Same thing happened when I put my aro into a 240 gallon from a 55 gallon.
Thanks bro. He is fine now

Reactions: Evz jardini
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store