MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
tanx everyone. i hope others would add more. good info for other hobbyists

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Kritzu or any other arowana expert,
Can you explain what the differences in filial generation (F-3, F-2..etc) is? Does this affect value or quailty of the arowana? Mine is a Xian Leng F-2 Green. What is the meaning of this mysterious "F" number.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
f simply stands for filial, as in a generation of a family. like youre a 3rd generation, your father is second generation and your grandpa is 1st generation. depending on where you start counting. your fish is f-2, it simply means it descended from the first generation that the farm started on for breeding this certain type of aro. this makes your fish a second generation of the type of arowana breed from your farm. most certificates declare what generation your fish is from the first captive bred individuals in their farms who were in turn, descended from the wild. like mine is certified to be F3, 3rd generation fish descended from the first batch of captive bred aros in the farm where i got it. dont worry, it does not matter with regards to the price and value of your fish. its just mandatory by law that farms declare their fishes to be from captive bred individuals, not from wild ones

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
kriztu;589704; said:
f simply stands for filial, as in a generation of a family. like youre a 3rd generation, your father is second generation and your grandpa is 1st generation. depending on where you start counting. your fish is f-2, it simply means it descended from the first generation that the farm started on for breeding this certain type of aro. this makes your fish a second generation of the type of arowana breed from your farm. most certificates declare what generation your fish is from the first captive bred individuals in their farms who were in turn, descended from the wild. like mine is certified to be F3, 3rd generation fish descended from the first batch of captive bred aros in the farm where i got it. dont worry, it does not matter with regards to the price and value of your fish. its just mandatory by law that farms declare their fishes to be from captive bred individuals, not from wild ones
Thanks man! Makes sense now. the worker at the lfs tried explaining it to me, but my japanese isnt that strong yet.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
no problem. so what kind of aro did you get from xianleng? and why in japan?

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
kriztu;589707; said:
Dude, it's been a while :). Think he mention buying a green & probably cause he lives in Japan.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
kriztu;589707; said:
I got me a Green. Kind of like a starter asian aro for me. He's mean as hell, but im kinda attached to him now. Im here in japan courtesy of the US military.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
hi there bro Chaos! yeah its been a while, got really busy with my studies and a job. ive been missing it here and im trying to find breaks to sneak in from time to time to check on you guys:grinno:

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
kriztu;591537; said:
hi there bro Chaos! yeah its been a while, got really busy with my studies and a job. ive been missing it here and im trying to find breaks to sneak in from time to time to check on you guys:grinno:
Was wondering where u were. Glad to see ya active again. Cheers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store