Asian Arowana update!

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
+1 on red tail cat eating anything it fits in its mouth, I once saw one eat a Cichlid about 2/3 it's own body length. They hunt at night, so a placid looking cat during the day, changes into a serious predator after lights out, arowana make for expensive feeders....

Reactions: choconut74

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
+1 on red tail cat eating anything it fits in its mouth, I once saw one eat a Cichlid about 2/3 it's own body length. They hunt at night, so a placid looking cat during the day, changes into a serious predator after lights out, arowana make for expensive feeders....
Ya jwh jwh u are definetly correct since red tails are nocturnal they are very mild during the day since they are practically half awake during the day. Like most catfish they can devour anything that fits in their mouth and since arowana aren't very active during the night they can fall prey to the red tail if it is tempted. Like I said just keep an eye out and good luck not trying to sound rude

Reactions: choconut74

choconut74

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Warning red tails do grow fast with space and proper diet do it entirely possible since they have been known to eat anything they can fit into their mouths so just keep an eye on it
Ya jwh jwh u are definetly correct since red tails are nocturnal they are very mild during the day since they are practically half awake during the day. Like most catfish they can devour anything that fits in their mouth and since arowana aren't very active during the night they can fall prey to the red tail if it is tempted. Like I said just keep an eye out and good luck not trying to sound rude
Yep got it! Appreciate all the input! Will definitely keep an eye out and make sure the arowanas are safe hahah

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store