Asking for pictures from Rehoboth Aquatics -- bad idea?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am another vote for JA. They put up with me, so they must be good!

Bichisaur

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
Maryland
I like toyin, but since he's a wholesaler he would deny sales on anyone who lives in the area where he supplies LFS.

kdblove_99

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
Frederick CO
Toyin is great IME. I go way back ordering from him. probably did my first order from him back in 2002.. Always got quality specimens. I would not hesitate to order from him. I would like to do a JA order someday soon also as there communication is the best in the business..

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I've made my first purchase from Toyin 2-3 months ago - 4 Distichodus and 2 Sorubimichthys planiceps catfish.

My experience totally matches that described by sbuse: great fish, reliable vendor in terms of what's minimally required. Anything more, might as well forget it. 1 to 2 to even 3 out of 3 emails will be ignored completely (even about wanting to buy, not to speak of other things) and at the end the buyer will be blamed for not communicating clearly and timely.

He is a great vendor for sure when it comes to basics, and that's perhaps plenty enough (sadly?) by our current standards.

He also is simply superbly helpful for someone to work on their meekness and humility. If you aim to exercise in swallowing your pride, feel free to ask for pictures or other extra stuff.

My advice keep it simple and basic with Rehoboth and it will work out, even if after a few tries.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I've made my first purchase from Toyin 2-3 months ago - 4 Distichodus and 2 Sorubimichthys planiceps catfish.

My experience totally matches that described by sbuse: great fish, reliable vendor in terms of what's minimally required. Anything more, might as well forget it. 1 to 2 to even 3 out of 3 emails will be ignored completely (even about wanting to buy, not to speak of other things) and at the end the buyer will be blamed for not communicating clearly and timely.

He is a great vendor for sure when it comes to basics, and that's perhaps plenty enough (sadly?) by our current standards.

He also is simply superbly helpful for someone to work on their meekness and humility. If you aim to exercise in swallowing your pride, feel free to ask for pictures or other extra stuff.

My advice keep it simple and basic with Rehoboth and it will work out, even if after a few tries.
Very well said. If he gives you his cell number he will respond fairly quickly in text.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store