Australian Fishing

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
I know there are lots of Aussies on MFK who fish as well as keep fish so lets see those pics and stories. Bass, Bream, Barra, Jacks whatever
I will start it with some Australian Bass from a recent river trip in the kayaks with a mate. The night time pic is of me with a nice 50cm plus fish taken on a Lucky Craft Sammy 65 on the surface nothing like the sound of a big bass hitting a surface lure. The other is of my mate with a very nice 54cm bass which was caught on a Jackal Chubby crankbait .
Steve.

nice bass on sammy 65.jpg

121.JPG

Reactions: Joe2433

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
very nice

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
The common name is Australian Bass or just Bass Macquaria novemaculeata. They are a potamodromous fish which live in freshwater and travel downstream to saltwater to breed. Grow to over 60 cm (26 inches) but a 50 cm + fish is considered a trophy fish. They are cultured and stocked into dams and there are tournaments similar to your L M Bass tournaments.

Steve

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Nice. I know the saltwater crocs there are not to be fooled with. Have you ever had any problems fishing in a Kayak ?

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
I live to far south for crocs . Smart people would not canoe or kayak in croc country,
some people were taken by a croc 3 years ago in a canoe in nth. Queensland.
Bullsharks are the scariest thing, they eat your fish, found right up into freshwater.

Nighteon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2009
Coahuila, Mexico
goods bass
the gas its a great gamefish in many sites, north america incluited

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store