Baby Longnose Gar

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
T-minus about 30 days till we should be having some baby Longnose Gar. If you are still interested, please go head and let me know in this post. I have already made a list of 30 or so people that are still interested in obtaining some of these little guys. They should be ready on 5-1-2015 / 5-15-2015, at about 1"-3" +/-. The closer to June that I net them out of my pond, the bigger they will be ultimately. By the time they get 4", they are too hard to catch effectively. I collected right at 250 last year and only had 7 or so perish while in my holding tanks. Just be ready with alot of feeder fish on hand. They really eat and grow EXTREMELY fast for the first 6-12 months. IMHO, they can be weaned off of feeders after about a month. That's about how long it takes for them to reach 4-6" long and realize that you are their foodsource, and not a predator, when you walk into the room. Once again, all I'll need is the 2nd day or overnight shipping charges. I'm still going to provide the fish at no cost for everyone. I will be glad to take donations though, Lol...Hopefully, everything will work out just as it has for the last 20+ years ,as far as the spawning ritual goes. I'll do my best to catch it on video so everyone can see some good ol' gar sex. Lol!!! Hopefully the redundancy in this post will make sure everyone gets what they've requested in the past 6 months or so. Thanks.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Awesome offer! In other posts you've mentioned Shortnose Gars, if I remember correctly? I would love some. Just one would be great.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
As of now I only have longnose gar in my pond. It keeps me from having to distinguish between the different species at 1" long. I have two other ponds on the property that have another species in them, but they aren't old enough to spawn reliably yet.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
ill take as many as you will send me shipped to estero, FL. YGPM

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Cool - Thanks! Please keep me updated on the others - I already have a Longnose, otherwise I would gratefully accept your offer.
Thanks!

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
This hobby has led to many happy years of gazing into the water. If I can do a little something back for people that might not have these fish available to them, then that's fine with me. 99% of the little guys are gonna get picked off anyway ,even though I feed my fish in the pond. Saving lives and hopefully making a few folks happy.... I'm all about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store