Beat up arowana

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
I picked up a small arowana over the weekend to replace the one i lost. This one is beat though. All its fins are shredded and its little mustache things are damaged with one almost gone. Also one of the long skinny feelers on the bottom is half missing. I know the fins should fill back out but what about the other parts? I may return this fish or pass it along after it heals up and get another thats in better shape. What are your thoughts. Ill post a pic shortly. Not sure what was in the tank with it but it kicked the arowanas ass.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Good clean water, and no stress most of the damage will heal, but better analysis with a pic of the Aro.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Btw I personally would keep Aro in aquarium by itself until it heals, and grows strong enough to be with other compatible fish.:)

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
Im probably gonna move it to my 10 gallon for a while today. I probably should have gotten another slightly bigger one since the other fish had grown with the previous arowana. I got it for $20.00 so I figured I would give it a shot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store