best external filters! whot you all running and thorts?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Im about to setup another tank but without a sump this time as going planted"

iv looked at the new fluval fx6 as I had the old fx5 and thort it was good for the money!

also looked at ehiam pro 3 2080 but at around £400 its a lot of cash"

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I like the Eheim Classic series filters for durability and reliability. It would be helpful to know more details of your tank setup including dimensions for better advice.

Reactions: boldtogether

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
I like the Eheim Classic series filters for durability and reliability. It would be helpful to know more details of your tank setup including dimensions for better advice.
Are the classic series before they had built in heaters? and whot size did these go upto?

My new tank will be 7ft by 2ft by 2ft and be a planted big fish tank! thinking some nice peacock bass :D

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
210g will require a good filter...especially with big fish. I would consider Classic Eheim as well. Silent, durable, well constructed, simple and easy to use. Most have very large media capacity. On the pricey, but cheap usually costs you in end.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Eheim classic series 4TW

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Looks like lots of guys pay the extra for the eheims! Do they still do the big classic bucket eheim? think they was 2260 classic!

whots the new fluvel fx6 like? can get one of these for £190

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Im about to setup another tank but without a sump this time as going planted"

iv looked at the new fluval fx6 as I had the old fx5 and thort it was good for the money!

also looked at ehiam pro 3 2080 but at around £400 its a lot of cash"

As long as you have NO SAND, or at least use a good prefilter, Fluval FX series is a great value. For a few more bucks however(2262 wise), Eheim does make great filters no doubt.

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
Are the classic series before they had built in heaters? and whot size did these go upto?

My new tank will be 7ft by 2ft by 2ft and be a planted big fish tank! thinking some nice peacock bass :D
Dear John could make the tank 7x2.5x2.5' or bigger in dimension with respect to width and height?

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
Eheim classic series made in Germany, Fluidised Bed FIlters (Deltec) lots of brand available in UK, Rena canisters, Sand Filters- Pond filters again UK is a den for all such...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store