BEST FLOWERHORN FOOD

nain

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
India
since this thread has already been pulled out :D i would say ching mix sp 80, hikari, ocean free and mutton heart mix.....

nycom2011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2008
Brooklyn
My kind of thread..heheh

Hikari, Hai feng, Omega one, Sanyu , Meal worms, ocean free

Turned from pale to colorful in my eyes...Kept a growing data sheet and found that within 3-4 weeks you will see alot of improvement..no matter how good the pellet nutritional value and breakdown a pellet of food source shows it seems like the lag time for resullts to be subtly visible is after 2 days...

Ph influences hump size and color. this might seem off topic the Ph has shown to influence appetite urges too. To increase this you can give it a mirror for a short while but dont leave for too long it might stressout your fish..do it in moderation and you can increase the amount your fish needs to eat. Do water changes frequently and check water parameters daily if you intend to feed like crazy and work out your fish with the mirror. It will speed things up a bit. (atleast from what i have experienced.)

Check to see how your fish reacts to it the surrounding colors i have foudn that when i used crush coral (white) the fish was a bit more pale and when i changed to red gravel it turned intense red on same ph. Background should take that into consideration too.

Read that there are some general trends but I am not definite since i have found the opposite to be true for my fish compared to what is said in my research for water parameters. However the trend is that high ph leads to kok developement and low ph improves color of fish. You should try and see what works for yours.

Oh lastly, lighting makes a difference like the sticky says..i am a believer of genes too but not completely..try to get foods with krill, salmon, shrimp, they will make those pearls that are present shine even if it has average genes ..i swear to it. While genes are very important I would not say that environment plays no significant contribution to the fish appearance.

GL all with your fish and it is nice to see that this hobby has resulted in so many beautiful fish from when i first started where they all looked like trimacs with no color but pearling and greens...... Probably gonna go pick up a pearly zz female with no red to mate with this guy. Cant wait heheh.

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

Snake_Eyes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Nebraska
IDK about best but OSI is like catnip to mine, she loves it.

Bosa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
HaWaII
www.alluneedxtreme.biz
So far I just started feeding mine GrandSumo Red, there were some noticable color change the next day, then again his color changes quickly with his mood or stress level.

noobshoehead19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2009
los angeles
all of them are good.

i use hikari bio gold for growth and color, red sumo for red coloration and hump. and soon to use a chingmix sp100 headbooster for hump. and frozen blood worms, beefheart, brine shrimp.

use hikari excel too, and alife. its good. im using all these food at the same time :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store