Best Friends

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Our best lfs is closing so I paid a visit and got a bunch of stuff I don't need but I did stumble across a porcupine puffer that was 5" or so. As I was watching him eat halved clams I noticed him sharing the one he was eating with a harliquin tusk that was 7" or so. I wanted just the puffer but the owner said if I took the puffer for $40 I could have the tusk for $80 and I said deal. So here they are-image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: wednesday13

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice.I have had both of those fish back in my salt days.I love the blue teeth of the tusk.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Nice.I have had both of those fish back in my salt days.I love the blue teeth of the tusk.
I'm not going to lie it scared the crap out of me when I pulled the tusk out and it made an audible snap and the put a hole in the net I was using.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,it is my favorite of all of the wrasses.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Lol,it is my favorite of all of the wrasses.
I love the colors but he's not even ten minutes in the tank and he's already knocked down a grazing clip, taken the prime overhang and bossed around the kole tang that's been in the tank almost three years.

I sure hope this isn't the start of trouble.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Here's the netimage.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like you've got yourself a troublemaker lol,hope it calms down.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Awesome pick up, I love tuskfish. Is it an indo or an Australian? Mine ended up getting harassed by my purple tang and sailfin then ended up getting ick from the elevated stress. Managed to nurse it back to health and give him away. Gorgeous fish though one of my favorites as well. Was a model reef citizen for me and would snap at the surface to let me know he was hungry. I love the puffer too but no experience here with porcupines, I've only kept dwarf puffers like the saddleback and blue spotted. I also had a mappa puffer too awhile ago come to think of it. Do you have any pictures of the tank?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Awesome pick up, I love tuskfish. Is it an indo or an Australian? Mine ended up getting harassed by my purple tang and sailfin then ended up getting ick from the elevated stress. Managed to nurse it back to health and give him away. Gorgeous fish though one of my favorites as well. Was a model reef citizen for me and would snap at the surface to let me know he was hungry. I love the puffer too but no experience here with porcupines, I've only kept dwarf puffers like the saddleback and blue spotted. I also had a mappa puffer too awhile ago come to think of it. Do you have any pictures of the tank?
I'm not sure about locality. I just saw that it was a good deal on a fish I had been wanting for a while but I couldn't find a good healthy one that didn't cost the equivalent of a high schoolers paycheck. I had a porcupine for two and a half years when I got into the hobby but I lost him to ich after a heater died.
Fts-image.jpeg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store