biggest pleco

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
This is my getting bigger every day Adonis....... :D He is a little over a foot now.

Lutt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2007
Sweden
Red Devil;923125; said:
This is my getting bigger every day Adonis....... :D He is a little over a foot now.
nice but the sadly thing is that spots disapears when they get bigger

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Lutt;923151; said:
Thats why i take alot of pics now.. haha.. but they do get a beautiful shiny black.. :D

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Lutt;923151; said:
I was just thinking liz, the spots are dissappearing fast on this one now... Still has some nice trailers though.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
davo;923154; said:
I was just thinking liz, the spots are dissappearing fast on this one now... Still has some nice trailers though.
He will be 3 years old in feb..2008.. so he is maturing.. what is their breeding age.. and how can you sex adonis..:D

Lutt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2007
Sweden
Red Devil;923159; said:
He will be 3 years old in feb..2008.. so he is maturing.. what is their breeding age.. and how can you sex adonis..:D
adonis will not be a easy one but here is some info from PLC

"It is probable that males are more heavily spined over the whole body, including the interopercular region, although this species is so extremely spiny that it would be necessary to compare a number of adult specimens (which very few people have the space for).

Males are also probably more aggressive and active in territorial defence, but this is a particularly combative species regardless of gender.

In such a large species, examination of the genital area is the easiest method of determination."

taza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
Cambridge, Ont
Wow what a beautiful display of Plecos!!!!!!

Sandy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store