BLACK GOBIES UPDATE (MUGILOGOBIUS SARASINORUM)

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;fbadiLKE9uo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbadiLKE9uo[/video] I almost never see most of the fish in this tank other that the guppys, i still enjoy this tank alot i have come to love sitting there trying to spot a fish or two.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Very nice. Where do you keep getting these gobies from? Lfs or online? I have such a hard time findin them at any lfs

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Very nice. Where do you keep getting these gobies from? Lfs or online? I have such a hard time findin them at any lfs
THANKS, these little guys are true gobies not sleeper gobys i can always find true gobies at the lfs but im not really a big fan of most of them. These guys are much more predatory than the other true gobies the stores carry. As for the sleeper gobys most of the ones ive had come from the lfs and are fairly easy to get around here. MARBLE SLEEPER GOBYS,Spotted sleeper gobys, Jade sleeper gobys, purple spot gudgeons, empire gugeons and peacock gudgeons are are all fairly easy to get around here, in fact all these gobys are in store around here right now except the MARBLE and jade gobys. I have had 3 sleeper gobys that are rare in the usa with 2 being rarely keep in the trade anywhere that i know of snakehead gudgeons, pygmy sleeper gobys and the truly monster bigmouth sleeper gobys. The bigmouth sleepers i got from the lfs, the snakehead and pygmys jeff rapps got for me. Jeff is the only vendor i could ever ge to order sleepers for me even though they were both cheap $5 for one $7 for the other he still did it that guy is awesome. Sleeper gobys truly have any kind of fish a person coud want. Big predators like MARBLE SLEEPER GOBYS,giant gudgeons and sleepy cod, to small super colorful community fish like empire, peacock and a host of other gudgeons, n.a natives like jade,bigmouth and spotted sleepers, to extreame oddballs like the crazy fish. The two big problems are one they are all cheap so vendors cant charge a lot of money for them, and two they arent that popular wich i think could change if more were bought in on a regular basis JMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store