Blacktip/White tip sharks illegal in california without permit

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I know i'm digging up an old post, but any chance you can share your source of grey reef shark?

Dynasty Marine in Marathon, FL.

Islamorada Aquarium in Islamorada, FL.

Both will require payment up front and proof that you can house such an animal.

sharkdealer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
los angeles
Ok as of january 1st 2010 blacktips white tips and grey reef sharks are illegal to import into california without permits. I dont know if any one has tried to get permits from the DGF but it seams almost impossible. I am interested in bringing in all 3 species and i have a exporter ready to ship them out but i cant bring them intocalifornia with out the permit and i keep getting the run around trying to get the permit. Any help would be appreciated and if you know a way around the permit or another way to come in i would be great. PLEASE HELP
Hey Steve,
I realize this is an old post but did you ever obtain a permit?
I had a permit between 2004 and 2012 but it was a broker/dealer permit. I doubt the DFG would give a permit to a private individual for display. Let me know if you got the permit. I can still obtain many Carcharhinid sharks (Bull, BTR, Grey Reef, Sandbar, Galapagos, etc.) if you've got the facilities and permit for them.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Hey Steve,
I realize this is an old post but did you ever obtain a permit?
I had a permit between 2004 and 2012 but it was a broker/dealer permit. I doubt the DFG would give a permit to a private individual for display. Let me know if you got the permit. I can still obtain many Carcharhinid sharks (Bull, BTR, Grey Reef, Sandbar, Galapagos, etc.) if you've got the facilities and permit for them.
Nice

nathanzhang

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Bumping the thread but the law says all sharks od the genus carcharhinus are illegal to possess, however the whitetip reef shark is of the genus trienodon so does that mean that its legal to keep whitetip reef sharks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store