Blueline trigger

dory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2007
Norway
hello, i have just bought a bluline trigger, "Pseudobalistes fuscus" and i wondered if there are someone who has any experience with it? tank size, behavior, compability with other fish. He or she is about 5" now, pix are coming.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
dory;744335; said:
hello, i have just bought a bluline trigger, "Pseudobalistes fuscus" and i wondered if there are someone who has any experience with it? tank size, behavior, compability with other fish. He or she is about 5" now, pix are coming.
no offence, and not to flame you or anything, but you really should have looked that up BEFORE you bought it.

penngomifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
USA CA
alot of people on here think they know about triggers but they dont, i have alot of expierence, with them, i even asked questions about them to see how people responed, as i do on every forum, play the dumb newbie, ok here the deal, blue lines are mean sob's, the blue line and clown trigger are debatable when it comes to whos the boss of who, sometimes ull get a beast of a blueline, and sometimes expecialy after they hit adult hood ull get a extremely mean clown fish, that would tear a blueline in half, clowns seem to bite at everything that gets close to the tank, even the tank sometimes, bluelines are a little bit more people shy, but gett bigger than clown triggers, and in return are more dominant than clown triggers, anyways u have a badd ass trigger one of the baddest, the baddest trigger u can get is a titan, and also the queen in second, ive read some of your other post, and yes u can keep triggers in the same tank as long as u have a **** load in the tank, they call it clouding, but thats stupid and dumb and makes your tank look retarted cause u have a gang load of fish in it, if i were u, id get a grouper of some type, the thing is triggers dont like other triggers, fish look at other fish and look at there shape and color, so they know damn well when there is another trigger in the tank with them, they would be less annoyed with another grouper in the tank, WHY??? i dont know that just the way these fish are, so if i were u, id get something else to live with him, u might want to get a bigger tank eventuallly though, if u raise theys guys right they will get huge.........

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah, but, who the hell would ever keep a queen or titan to adulthood?
if you NEED to get a trigger, get a niger.

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
I have kept several titan triggers, queens, clowns, picassos, nigers, pinktails, sargassum, bluechins, bursa,blue lines.. all of which vary in temperment from fish to fish.. most of which would bully any type of groupers untill stressed and ultimately death.. as for housing these beasts together, its technique, trial and error, and the fish themslves. but anyway good luck, bluelines are beautiful triggers regardless of temperment

tonysdiscus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
holiday,florida
i have 2 blue throat triggers(blue jaw) thay are perfectly fine with eachother and they are about 8 inches in size with a tank full of clowns

Xubar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2015
Thought I'd share a pic of my 5" blueline. His tank-buddy-trigs include:
12" queen
9" clown
8" titan
4" undulated
4" niger

dk blueline.jpg

dk blueline.jpg