BREAKING...400 Pound Gorilla Killed after Mandhandling Child!!

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
It is my understanding that the gorilla did not man handle the child at all. I read (wasn't there) that the gorilla tried to help the boy stand up at one point, and was acting very protective of the child. He became agitated by the screams of the onlookers, so he took the child to another area, but was still protecting the child and not acting aggressively towards it. The only reason they shot it vs. tranq is because tranq's take a bit to kick in, and in a drowsy state like that they didn't want tragedy to happen, as in the gorilla falling over on the child or the gorilla losing its mind in a semi-conscious state. Sad story, but probably the right call. Once again, through the actions of over-entitled humans another animal and effort to study said animal suffers, and I bet that the parents will still have the audacity to sue. That's the true tragedy here IMO, the continuing support of the notion that someone else is always responsible, and you should so whoever you feel that person may be without looking at your own actions.

Sorry if what I post above is either summarized in the article above or contradictory, I tend not to open links from fox news, I read this story originally through a reddit link.

Reactions: Frank Castle

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,the video of what the gorilla did to the child is included in the link.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Ya the gorilla did not look to be exhibiting any threatening behaviour to the child, and it really helped that the child was quite calm too, even appears as though it reaches for the gorilla. I'm not a doctor though. Definitely could have ended very badly for the child, and certainly did end badly for the gorilla.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes it does appear the gorilla is not trying to be threatening to the child but that enormous animal could rip that kid apart without even trying. It its eyes it could have been trying to "help" the kid but just to violent. But wow is that sad, what an amazing creature.

Edit- I just watched the youtube link! The gorilla is clearly not being violent! I am in shock at how calm the child was.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I actually saw an unedited video of the incident on the news this morning which did show the ape dragging the child around by one arm through the water....not sure why the linked footage was edited from what was shown on tv already ....so much for FOX NEWS lol.

Last edited:

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Ya the tv news link shows the child being dragged and the youtube clip is edited.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Edit- I just watched the youtube link! The gorilla is clearly not being violent! I am in shock at how calm the child was.
No but the child's arm could have been pulled from it's socket the way he was being swung around.I never said the gorilla was being violent but I certainly stand by my saying that the kid was manhandled.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I wish there had been a better solution, but even though Silver Back may have been protecting the 4yr. old the gorilla could easily kill the child without knowing it because of the Silver Back's strength. Gorilla 's are my favorite of the primate family. They were need to investigate the parents, and find out where and what they doing at the time the child ended up in the enclosure.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
No but the child's arm could have been pulled from it's socket the way he was being swung around.I never said the gorilla was being violent but I certainly stand by my saying that the kid was manhandled.
Me-"but that enormous animal could rip that kid apart without even trying"

Yes of course! Thats what I was trying to state :) Not threatening but terrifying, expecially with the resistance the water would cause against the child I am surprised his arm was not removed.

I am curious how they killed it. Did they shoot it in the head while the child was right in its clutches?

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store