MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
that or cut the Barry White tunes.

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
Just read through this. The tube looks too big to be a males breeding tube. In the cichlids I've bred, the male tube is usually so small you have to look for it. I would say there's 3 options. 1 it's a female. I believe this is possible because females will swim around with their tubes out sometimes days in advance of them actually spawning. 2 prolapse. I honestly have no idea how to treat it or if you can. 3 giant dump. Let's face it, we've all been there.

ddot82

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2015
Olympia Washington
Just read through this. The tube looks too big to be a males breeding tube. In the cichlids I've bred, the male tube is usually so small you have to look for it. I would say there's 3 options. 1 it's a female. I believe this is possible because females will swim around with their tubes out sometimes days in advance of them actually spawning. 2 prolapse. I honestly have no idea how to treat it or if you can. 3 giant dump. Let's face it, we've all been there.
Prolapse was my concern, I googled picks of it and all the ones I saw if had a red tint to it. There doesnt seem to be any discomfort for what it's worth either. Just a lot of digging and hanging out in the hole. It'll be kind d of disappointing if it's a female since I requested a male, but that's better than prolapse.

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
There are many stories, including my own, of cichlids producing viable fry at 2 inches. Got any pics? Are you sure it's laying?

ddot82

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2015
Olympia Washington
There are many stories, including my own, of cichlids producing viable fry at 2 inches. Got any pics? Are you sure it's laying?
Yep, just saw one float down from its rear and there are eggs to the right of the silicone. I'm glad it's not prolapse, and I'm glad she's healthy, but its pretty disappointing that I spent $101 for a vented male and didn't get it.

IMG_20160522_222345510.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store