British pike

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
a perch tank would be great, I've always wanted to keep a small group. you should go for it. best part is if you catch some you could try to grab up some plants from that lake/river/whatever also, you could have a 100% accurate biotope. that would be awesome.

I've always felt that keeping a native tank, if by native you mean temperate, one would have to employ a chiller to keep the temps in the upper 60s?

I kept a rockbass once. I loved that fish. i think if i was to attempt it again i would want to use a chiller long term.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
^^ +1 getting some plants from the same location will help them settle in , most perch are found in slow moving waters so power heads aren't really necessary but swimming the current will help to get them strong (I had a small fluval internal filter in with mine for surface movement) plenty of oxygen too so airstone or line , if your looking to keep a shoal of perch long term it might be worth starting a a worm farm or compost heap in your garden ;):D

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
^^ +1 getting some plants from the same location will help them settle in , most perch are found in slow moving waters so power heads aren't really necessary but swimming the current will help to get them strong (I had a small fluval internal filter in with mine for surface movement) plenty of oxygen too so airstone or line , if your looking to keep a shoal of perch long term it might be worth starting a a worm farm or compost heap in your garden ;):D
or start raising crayfish!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice sutt your a lucky guy having such a nice pond on your doorstep , where about are you based ? WP_000112.jpg WP_000108.jpg WP_000107.jpgHere's the pond literally at the end of my road its not very bbigand only about 7ft deep in middle but its got a few double figure carp biggest about 16-18 lb , loads of monster pike , tench , roach , few koi , bream , perch and a few hybrids crusion carp with fantails lol , its been stocked over the years mostly from the canal by local kids , the pond itself is an overflow basin for the canal and was originally a nature reserve for newts , so no bailifs or fishery manager except me and my dog on daily walks lol ;):D

Reactions: Sutt.72

Sutt.72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2015
Lol nice mate, like features when I'm fishing, got Masses of Lilly pads on the one near me, I love it every season to be honest though, I'm in alsager cheshire

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alsager isn't too far from me mate ive done a few jobs down that way , im based in Altrincham its not far away , I'll have to get myself down to your pond for catfish action lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store