Brown banded bamboo shark with magnets

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
So i know magnets and metals can effect sharks but would a magnet inside of a return pump that sits in the main tank effect the brown banded bamboo shark at all?....

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Effect them how? Is it in the main display tank or an overflow box? Cleaning magnets would effect them as well. I don't have a pump, but do have a maganavore cleaning magnet. I keep it up out of the way in a corner. I have never noticed anything odd happening besides when I actually use it.

If you have some odd behavior I would tend to lean more toward a possible electrical motor problem. Add a ground probe to your tank just in case.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
The sump is above ground so the pump has to be submerged i to the water to pump the water inti the sump.....it would be in the main display stock tank....... i havent gotten the shark yet and im in the process of cycling the tank .....wont add the shark for a few months ..... i was just tryi g to think ahead

My original plan was to keep the sump on the floor but its hard to lift the 300 gallon stock tank high enough to drain into the sump :(

Any thoughts on a certain pump i should get that would be ok to use in the display tank to move water into the sump? I had a rio in mind but not sure if it would be ok

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Mine is above my tank as well. I use a check valve and a Reeflo pump. Look into iwaki, reeflo and other external pumps that move alot of water and have the power to pull/push.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I would like to use a subermersible pump bc external will be a little more difficult to fit around my set up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store