Bumps on fish

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
This looks bit different. Never seen these before on polys. Don’t look like a parasite. Have you betters the fish and looked at it? Does it scrape off?
They look like they grew. Definetly not what I have on mine. I would separate if possible and keep water pristine.
Yah this is new for me as well. Should I try to scrape it?? The fish is behaving as normal. Still the most active bichir I have and eats the most. I’m confused as well.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yah this is new for me as well. Should I try to scrape it?? The fish is behaving as normal. Still the most active bichir I have and eats the most. I’m confused as well.
I’d say no unless is solely external but it’s not. Monitor for now.

Reactions: Caveden

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hey guys. Back again. If you can see I swear the bumps have now gotten bigger, and there’s 2 more on his head? I’m not really as certain whether it’s upturned scales now…

View attachment 1503815

View attachment 1503816
Would just like to mention I found out the issue the why there were bumps on my fish back in 2022, in case anyone faces the same issue as me and needs an antidote.
the bumps formed on my bichirs were caused due to low pH (was below 6), and the fix is just to add crushed corals/ oyster shells or sodium bicarbonate.
These bumps can form up on other fishes as well such as gars, perhaps fishes with ganoid scaling. In the end it isn’t upturned scales nor parasitic bumps. Hope this helps!

2ed1b63f-0813-4eb8-a8cf-5dacc2291b1d.jpeg

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
This looks bit different. Never seen these before on polys. Don’t look like a parasite. Have you betters the fish and looked at it? Does it scrape off?
Good grief. Great English there!!. What are my fingers typing?! Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store