Can a stockman standpipe work underwater?

M3AN ONE

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
Can a stockman standpipe work underwater?
Here me out if I PVC glue the entire standpipe except for where it connects to the bulkhead and make the RO line to the cap air tight with epoxy/plastic bonder then use murdok ball valve above the water line to control the flow as well as a gate valve. Above my stockman I want to run mechanical filtration instead of in my sump see attached photos. I am also running a ultima that will scavenge from the bottom of the tank and has a return line to my sump that will have a filter sock. My end goal is use the flow from the 3 2 inch drains to move the k1 media around and if I had to put filter socks in the sump for each of those lines it would drastically reduce the fllow. I understand the current setup may clog easier but will be more accessable as well. In the diagram the water seems like it never goes above where the holes are drilled. But I figure if you have gate valves for each drain and a ball valve to control the air flow you should be able to raise water level outside stockman abve the regular water level and it should even work underwater as long as it they have a scuba snorkel/ above water RO line. This is all a hypothesis on my end I have know clue if this will acutely work.

Stockmans will be
Three 2 inch PVC pipes each with a 3 inch coupler and a 1/2 RO tubing to a 1/2 Murdoc ball valve.

1703716916794.png

M3AN ONE

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
There will be a additonal filter floss that covers the entire inside bottom and sides. Matala mat will not be visible.
1703718267099.png
1703718309243.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store