Can anyone tell me what fish this is ?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Salminus and it looks like franciscanus.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
As a growout for sure. Need lot of space and current. The sticky in the characin section by chixclub has lot of info. If I remember right will be needing a 500g to get it fully grown with high current.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
As a growout for sure. Need lot of space and current. The sticky in the characin section by chixclub has lot of info. If I remember right will be needing a 500g to get it fully grown with high current.

A little bummed atm . The 200gal Is the biggest tank i have... i will be keeping him in here permanently. i tried giving the fish back to the store but they didn't want it.. i paid 500rmb or about 80$ for him... a little disappointed that i don't have the capacity to hold him... is it possible for him to make it in my tank? or do you think he will die? I'll check out that characin section ASAP.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Dont keep any myself. But i'm sure some of the dorado keepers can chime in about the 200g. Not sure if it'll result in early death or not.

Reactions: Richard8oh8

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Dorados require a lot of room not only because of their rapid growth but also due to their constant motion. 200g is going to get small in a hurry.

Reactions: Richard8oh8

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Dont keep any myself. But i'm sure some of the dorado keepers can chime in about the 200g. Not sure if it'll result in early death or not.

Ahh i see. Okay well hopefully it works out. The thing is i have other fish in the 200gal as well.
1Dorado
1Teacup Stingray
1 Discus fish
1 Oscar
3 Feeder Goldfish (Relatively small)
6 Mollies

Im pushing a 80-100 gal sump, as well as charcoal bags, Black Media pads, Crushed Coral Bags, And other filter material. I also have a air stone with two air flow connectors, so my sump and main tank get ample aeration. Return pump is pushing decent amount of power as well. Any Thoughts on longevity?

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Dorados require a lot of room not only because of their rapid growth but also due to their constant motion. 200g is going to get small in a hurry.

Well due to my circumstances theres really not much i can do.. I can try search for a even larger power head and maybe return pump that has more power.. but idk how much of a difference its gonna make.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Don't be surprised if those other fish you have in there start to drop off as dorado can be tireless bullies,at least in my experience.I have had them snatch food from the mouths of other fish and then have the nerve to chase them around afterward.Your dorado could reach a certain size and then become stunted and possibly live for a few years in that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store