Can Guppie feeder fish live in a bucket without aeration?

Will the guppies live without aeration?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Brix Pacis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2016
Can Guppies feeder fish live in a bucket without aeration? i want to try feeding my silver arowana a feeder fish, but i want to quarantine the feeder fish for a week or more to make sure that they will not give my arowana any disease. will they live in a bucket without aeration?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Depending on the size of the bucket,amount of fish and the amount of dechlorinated water the guppies can live for a while.What are you feeding the aro now?..no need in using feeders if you do not have to.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
If the bucket is planted and receives light, they can live quite well in 5gal bucket. Possibly divert some air from preexisting air pump to sponge filter and you would be able stock much higher densities, if desired.

I do have to agree with krich, nutritionally you are better off with pellet feeding with added convenience of not having to culture food.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
No, they will not survive a week in a bucket of stagnant water.

Brix Pacis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2016
i
Depending on the size of the bucket,amount of fish and the amount of dechlorinated water the guppies can live for a while.What are you feeding the aro now?..no need in using feeders if you do not have to.
i feed superworms right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store