Can u melt fools gold into a shape u want?

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Well am not trying to forge it(if u mean by faking it) am just trying to make my own kind of ring for this girl I like.... By aluminum do u mean aluminum foil? How would I make a a casting ? Any ring I can just buy (cheap) and in grave something on it ?

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
As in a forge that melts metal and yeah aluminum foil works but you could get scrap aluminum at a recycling center. Also ingraving a cheaper ring will show the cheaper metal on the inside of it.
Also i just remembered you have been going out with this girl all of less then a week. So i just want to tell you not to go bonkers with this. Because this seems like you are just going to fast with this.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
rizzle;4538453; said:
go to a store buy a ring and get them to ingrave it... problem solved
Cantt the rents kno ;)
carpenter547;4538460; said:
you could go rent and learn how to use and oxy acetelyn rig.
use that to melt basically any metal that you want but pennies work well.
you then would either pour or draw out the metal *i recomend pouring into a mold* to make a wire you chose the thickness square works. then you would let it cool cut off the amount that you wish to use to make your ring or bracelet find a round object and heat to flexible the metal and use a smooth faced hammer to knock the wire into it's round shape. then you would again let it cool take a medium to fine round or half moon file and shap/ smooth it . soulder the ends together or spot weld them basically melt and fuse. use a fine rounded file to smooth ring into final shape. polish polish polish polish. then polish some more.
that is the basic steps to making round jewlery at home.

side note the easier / faster metal melts the softer and more likely it will be to deform after this process is done you might want to start off practising with led or copper pennies work but if you tell any one you used them you are admiting breaking the law.

SAFTEY NOTE SOME METALS GIVE OFF TOXIC CHEMICALS WHEN MELTING. HOT METAL IS HOT BE CAREFUL. LEARN HOW TO USE ALL EQUITMENT AFORE USEING IT. ALWAYS USE ALL APPLICABLE P.P.E. THE WELDING RIG IS DANGEROUS AND IF IT CAN MELT METAL IT CAN MELT YOU TOO.
well it has to be simple, so there is metal that I can shape easily it seems and it can't really be dangerous, am thinking of just buying one

likestofish;4538472; said:
As in a forge that melts metal and yeah aluminum foil works but you could get scrap aluminum at a recycling center. Also ingraving a cheaper ring will show the cheaper metal on the inside of it.
Also i just remembered you have been going out with this girl all of less then a week. So i just want to tell you not to go bonkers with this. Because this seems like you are just going to fast with this.
well if the cheaper metal shows am ok with it as long it doesn't look too taky am not talking it fast this over the course of weeks

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
likestofish;4538472; said:
good luck tryin to melt aluminum in a fire:ROFL:

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4538493; said:
good luck tryin to melt aluminum in a fire:ROFL:
what do you mean by a fire? Because i heat treat knives with the blast forge and thats more than enough to melt aluminum.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Just buy a pack of chewing gum. Chew the gum, use the wrappers to make jewelry:thumbsup:

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Bderick67;4538580; said:
Just buy a pack of chewing gum. Chew the gum, use the wrappers to make jewelry:thumbsup:
Good idea or make a ring from a dollar

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store