Canadian surf fishing

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Surf fishing is a popular way to catch fish all over North America, especially the east coast from Florida to Massachusetts. It is popular south of the border but hasn’t quite caught on up here in the Maritime provinces of Canada, although there is a small community that is slowly growing. Striped bass and mackerel are the most common catches but bluefish, flounder, and sharks are caught regularly. Prince Edward Island is by far my favourite place I have beach fished, the quantity and quality of fish are unrivalled in the maritimes during the summer months. I’m totally I caught 15 striped with most over 30”, 20ish flounder, and more mackerel than I care to count. The stripers were unbelievably picky and their lure/bait of preference changed daily or even hourly.IMG_6212.jpegIMG_6211.jpegIMG_6208.jpegIMG_6209.jpegIMG_6210.jpegIMG_6207.jpeg
IMG_6214.jpeg
IMG_6215.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Nice pics; stripers are such beautifully-formed fish. Lovely.

Flounders? Well...they taste good...:)

What a sad world we now live in that an angler cannot post a smiling unedited pic of himself holding up his catch, for fear of offending some self-righteous lunatic whacko somewhere who will take him to task for it. :(

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store