Cheap plants, less nitrate! POTHOS

AlG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Kona Hawaii
And it is true almost any leaf can root although some plants will never develop a stem or new leaves from this sort of cutting i.e. Certain medicinal herbs

AlG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Kona Hawaii
Having nodes on a stem is also a cellular barrier against fungi and disease which is def s plus if u r having trouble already.... Sorry for back to back posting

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
I have been told you can stick the roots right into the back of a back mounted filter as well if you don't want the roots hanging in your aquascape :)

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I have been told you can stick the roots right into the back of a back mounted filter as well if you don't want the roots hanging in your aquascape :)
I thought about maybe doing this but wouldn't it kind of clog your filter after awhile?

Reactions: Kaia

Juiceh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chesire, England
Ive been looking at cheap easy ways to get some house plants growing out of my tanks, great idea!

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
Ive been looking at cheap easy ways to get some house plants growing out of my tanks, great idea!
You could even add a cheap filter to the back pull out the carbon and stuff some bio media in there for extra bio filtration with your pretty plant purifiers!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I was using a clear plastic shower caddy from Walmart, until my Purple Wolfish decided to make a resting place out of it lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store