Cheapest place to get big aquariums with costum dimensions.

ExoticFish64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2016
I was going to go the craigslist route but I decided not too. My parents said I can only get 1 aquarium(I used to have a bunch and sold them and now I miss fish a lot). Im not shore if there just saying that or will budge but I don't wana risk it and Im going as big as I can for this 1 tank. Craigslist doesn't have that many big aquariums and the ones that are big arnt the dimensions i need. my dad said I cant get anything more than 5 ft long. I found a 5 ft 240 wide on glass cages that I like and if I can convince to get a 6 ft tank there's a 280 wide. They are pretty expensive though. Im currently looking for a job to finance the tank. Im getting thefluval fx6 canister and im building my own stand and it will be relatively cheap. Even with a job it will take a while to save for. Is there any place that has cheaper aquariums that are 5 or 6 feet that are really wide and possibly tall(standard sizes wont cut it, I need as many gallons as possible for 5-6 ft) besides glass cages? Building a plywood aquarium isn't an option because my dad doesn't like the idea of a wooden fish tank in his house even though its all sealed up with pond liner. So whats the absolute cheapest place to get 240-300+ gallon 5-6 foot aquariums?

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I was going to go the craigslist route but I decided not too. My parents said I can only get 1 aquarium(I used to have a bunch and sold them and now I miss fish a lot). Im not shore if there just saying that or will budge but I don't wana risk it and Im going as big as I can for this 1 tank. Craigslist doesn't have that many big aquariums and the ones that are big arnt the dimensions i need. my dad said I cant get anything more than 5 ft long. I found a 5 ft 240 wide on glass cages that I like and if I can convince to get a 6 ft tank there's a 280 wide. They are pretty expensive though. Im currently looking for a job to finance the tank. Im getting thefluval fx6 canister and im building my own stand and it will be relatively cheap. Even with a job it will take a while to save for. Is there any place that has cheaper aquariums that are 5 or 6 feet that are really wide and possibly tall(standard sizes wont cut it, I need as many gallons as possible for 5-6 ft) besides glass cages? Building a plywood aquarium isn't an option because my dad doesn't like the idea of a wooden fish tank in his house even though its all sealed up with pond liner. So whats the absolute cheapest place to get 240-300+ gallon 5-6 foot aquariums?
If you specify your budget, it will be easier to get an idea and people can give opinion :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I know a guy on another site thats had his for a while and loves it. Says its solid

ExoticFish64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2016
btw I don't have a particular budget, when I get a job ill use all the money I get from it to save for this tank, I just want to spend the least amount of money possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store