Cherry shrimp temp fluctuations.

code

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2023
Hey all, Iv been posting a lot of questions on here lately and I'm grateful for all the feed back iv been given.

I have another one. I wanted to get the temp down on my cherry shrimp only 32.5 gallon. Not exactly a nano tank. Temperature fluctuations happen slowly. I pulled my 150 watt fluval m series heater because it was hardly even working. My room temp moves between 68 f to 74f throughout a 24 hour period with heat and Ac kicking back and forth. My tank moves between 75.5 to 78 slowly back and forth throughout that 24hr period with out a heater. Would I be better off to put a smaller heater in and keep it steady at 77? Or is the slow fluctuations ok? People always say consistency is key over and over again. I don't know what that means though. No one comments on variables of consistency. Obviously things are going to change in a tank of any kind. I guess what I'm asking is what kind of consistency are we talking about. Obviously there are different variables of consistency. Right?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I don’t think that that’s enough of a fluctuation to affect them - natural waterways will fluctuate as the day goes.

Reactions: tlindsey

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Agreed…they’ll be fine. Keeping things stable doesn’t mean no change…it is trying to avoid large, rapid swings in water quality and temps. Meaning, dont mess with their pH (ex. using chemicals to quickly raise and lower pH), don’t do giant water changes for shrimp, don’t put your tank next to a window or AC vent.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store