Chinese perch holding eggs?

1KTOES

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit
I recently started feeding my Chinese perch less and less to try and get them off Alive food. Even after a week and no food my smaller perch had a huge round extended stomach.
Now that they're eating Krill and shrimp I know how much there in taking, and the small perch still has a really full round stomach at the end of the day, even three to four days later its stomach is still round.
Does anyone have any articles or info related to breeding these?

20160704_104817.jpg

20160704_105103.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hopefully it is not impacted or clogged up by the shrimp.
BTW my Mandarin perch was a bad boy today in that it ate one of the catfish that I was growing out.

1KTOES

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Seems a bit early. Im sure this fish is under a year old. But behavior...it is trying immensly hard to get under a hiding spot,that it has had 0 interest in, in the last 7 months. Its even fighting the datnoid over the area of the tank.
All signs point to breeding behavior except age.
True. But I'm assuming that you have them in 80degree water since you got them. Which increases their metabolism drastically compared to their annual seasonal temp changes... And increased metabolism might get them, to reach reproductive age sooner...? Just a guess.

1KTOES

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit
True. But I'm assuming that you have them in 80degree water since you got them. Which increases their metabolism drastically compared to their annual seasonal temp changes... And increased metabolism might get them, to reach reproductive age sooner...? Just a guess.
I honestly didnt even think of that. Do you think they will spawn with other fish in the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store