Chinese Perch

1KTOES

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit
I got this beauty 5-6 weeks ago. I have had him in my 75 gallon at 80f since he came in. The growth rate on this fish is crazy. At least doubled in size since day 1.
So far he's lazy and seems very scared still of my presence. He was sold to me as a Chinese perch X marble datnoid hybrid. But he seems to look like a normal Chinese perch.

20160110_123347.jpg

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
That's crazy nice. Looks like a regular siniperca chuatsi to me. Need to get some more of these and actually grow them out this time

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol @ marbled datnoid cross,where did you get it from?

Reactions: SocalMfk

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't think he made up the cross, the supplier sold to to him as the cross.
I agree,I can recall a few fish over the years being labeled as some kind of datnoid or other and I'm aware that some shops get stuff in and just stick with whatever name happens to be slapped on the fish.
Thanks for answering,I have two that I am growing out and it is good to see these rare fish turn up in the hobby.

1KTOES

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit
Yeah trade the vampire tetra for the perch? I hope you weren't trying to save the other fish from the one you just got rid of cause this perch is more of a monster lol
I got the vampire tetra as a 2" baby and had him for a long time. He started biting my fish and it looked like a samurai took his sword to most of my fish. His tooth would just rip them open. The perch just seems to sit in the back left corner behind a rock and never comes out. He's just got an appetite the size of an elephant.
That whole 8 months I had the vampire tetra,I never saw him eat. The perch is stunning to watch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store