Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Mine recently got eaten by my ST.:irked:

odalisay

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
At the foot of the cross
Awesome fish! My bambusa eats anything even pellets. But sadly he has a screwed up face due to continually banging up against the tank. He looks like he has a white mustache and a white goatee.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
this was taken a couple of months ago., they've grown a lot in the past few weeks! Not sure what to do with them when they get too big. they're eating frozen smelt now.

bambusa.jpg

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
wow! I wish I had a big tank.

Tripletail

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2006
everywhere
Cool Wes, I think I still have 3 in my pond,but the water is too dark to see them. They have had a constant supply of minnows and pellets all winter/spring so they should be getting some size. When I drain for maintenance soon ,we will see :)

odalisay

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
At the foot of the cross
fugupuff;5161165; said:
this was taken a couple of months ago., they've grown a lot in the past few weeks! Not sure what to do with them when they get too big. they're eating frozen smelt now.
Dam Wes! Your bambusas look flawless! I think I need to do plastic surgery on mine to fix it's smashed nose. Any for sale Wes?

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
odalisay;5162072; said:
Dam Wes! Your bambusas look flawless! I think I need to do plastic surgery on mine to fix it's smashed nose. Any for sale Wes?
haha...I had a big one before that would almost eat from my hand and was really tame.

these are in a 500 gallon, and they'll attack food, but get jumpy every once in a while. I'm afraid they'll get knocked out one day.

I don't have any for sale now, or may not in the future either, these fish are a once in a great while type of fish. There are a couple of farms that breed them, and they use them to restock lakes, in order to buy them, we have to get them at the right time and huge quantities, like in the 10s of thousands, and within a few months they'll all be too big to buy and all sold and in the lakes.

when we get them, they're less than 1" long, and are very hard to raise, once we get them to 3-4" we ship them out of China to the US for retail level, in the meantime over 50% die, eating each other, chocking on food, or starving to death. they have a very high metabolism the first year of their life, they can reach 30" in the first year, then slow down. I've had mine for less than one year and its at 15" already.

Wes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store